CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Assignment #8- The Real Riel

Hey everybody! I'm responding to Assignment #8, which is to create a fictional interview between Louis Riel and yourself.

Introduction: Hello, my name is Sabrina, and I'm going to be doing an interview with Louis Riel, just days into his trial. Riel's trial is due to the leading of the the resistance movement of the Metis and First Nations people of Western Canada. Please give a warm round of applause for Louis Riel!

(Louis Riel enters, audience claps)

Sabrina: Hello Louis, and thank-you for coming today.

Louis Riel: It is my pleasure to be here.

Sabrina: How are you?

Louis Riel: I'm feeling very well, thanks. I was actually just at my trial before coming here, so I'm really quite tired. How are you?

Sabrina: I'm good as well, thanks. Actually, the audience and I have come up with a few questions to ask you. I'll ask the first question. Many of us heard that you wanted to be a priest when you were younger. Why did you lose interest?

Louis Riel: Well, as a child I always wanted to be a priest. I was educated by Roman Catholic priests at St. Boniface. My family was very noted for their strong Catholicism, so I wanted to learn more. But after my father died, I lost all of my interest in becoming a priest, and withdrew from college in March 1865. After I dropped out, I started working in Illinois, Minnesota, and many other places before returning to the Red River Settlement. So basically, I didn't become a priest because of the tragedy of my father's premature death.

Sabrina: I'm sorry to hear that. Let's go on with our next question. Does any audience member have one? Yes, you in the back.

Audience Member #1: Hello, Louis. I was wondering if you enjoy being named after your father?

Louis Riel: Interesting question. Well, my family was a very well-respected French Canadian-Métis family due to my father, who organized a group that supported Guillaume Sayer, a Métis imprisoned man. My father was a very strong man who was devoted to our our religion and to our family, and who always wanted peace. So yes, I feel honoured to be named after him.

Sabrina: Was your father named after his father?

Louis Riel: No, my grandfather's name was Jean-Baptiste Riel.

Sabrina: Oh. Well I'm going to ask one more question. Where is your trial taking place, and would you like to say anything to us about your trial?

Louis Riel: Yes..Well, first of all, my trial is taking place in Regina. Next off I would like to say thank you to everyone who supported me, no matter what happens. I would also like to say that I am sorry to the family of Thomas Scott, a man that was executed partly due to me. The last thing I would like to say is that I appreciate everyone's efforts to try to keep me innocent, and I thank you greatly.

Sabrina: Excellent. Well, thank you for coming to my show!

Louis Riel: Thank you for having me.

Sabrina: Please give it up for Louis Riel everyone!!

(Audience claps, Louis exits)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow sabrina that was a great assignment #8 come check my assignment #8 tell me what you think. thanks

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!