CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Assignment #3

Hi! This is my response to Assignment #3.

It seems like Canada has gone through a lot of changes in the past few centuries. I think that 1606-1709 was the best time for the First Nations people. They were in power, they built alliances, and became central in the fur trade out of both Montreal and Hudson's Bay. But over the next few centuries they started to lose power and the control of the fur trade was being given to the Europeans.

I think that 2009 has changed very drastically from the past few centuries. We have new technologies and various industries, so we don't have to rely on our selves as much (making clothes, making tools, cutting down wood etc.). We also don't have to worry about there being any wars over the ownerships of industries.

I think that 2109 will look much different than 2009. I think that there will be a lot of historical events(maybe there will be a black prime minister, or even an Aboriginal Prime Minister), and I think that the population will increase a lot. After all, going from the population of a few thousand people to 32,000,000 people is a big difference! This would also be very good for our economy because more people would need jobs.

Plus, with all of the amazing technology we have now, imagine what we can have in the future! I think that there will be some form of technology(maybe robots) that will look after humans, so humans will not have to take care of themselves. This will be very harmful to the environment, so maybe the earth will get so polluted that in 200 years from now people will live in outer space! Probably not, but with the new technology coming out every day, who knows what the world will be like in the centuries to come?

If you would like to see the website that I'm responding to, please check out Christopher Moore's blog!

8 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Excellent work, Sabrina!

I liked your observations about life for Natives in Canada. I can tell you read the article carefully and you responded appropriately to Christopher Moore's information.

Your blog post is well set up and easy to read, I'd love to hear more ideas in the second last paragraph, about what would happen if the population increases and whether you believe we will have a black prime minister, who do you think it might be?

Keep up the great work!

Santana B said...

I love your assignment 3 it is so awesome you included a lot of great things that might happen in the future. Great job!

Emily Z said...

Hey Sabrina!

I love your blog, and I agree with everything you say.

Shukria A said...

Hey Sabrina,

Love you blog. I found it very interesting on how you thought in 2109 we would be taken care of by robots. That will be an experience alright. I would want a robot as a body gaurd, they can't be defeated of course.

Shukria A

amitj said...

Your entry has a lot of detail and description. Good job!

Lindsay said...

Nice Blog Sabrina! :)

Chongo B. said...

Sabrina, you did an awesome job at explaning in a way which other people could understand about what you thought would happen, and by the way i like your backround !

Jessi M said...

Your entry was awesome!!!!! I really liked it. You added a lot of detail. It was really, really good!
Jessica